Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Kyle

I was reading Lindsey's blog yesterday, and it reminded me that I never blogged about Kyle's birthday, and everyone knows that if you don't blog about an event, then it OBVIOUSLY wasn't really that important to you, right? =)

Kyle's birthday is October 8, and today is October 19. I'm a bit late, but I have a good reason. I was enduring the Columbus Day Massacre on Kyle's actual birthday. I woke him up at 2:30 am not to wish him a happy birthday, but to tell him that I was in the worst pain of my life. I then proceeded to vomit and do ungirly things for the next 48 hours, nothing short of a trip to the ER at from 4:00-7:30am on, you guessed it, his birthday.

There's nothing like having your spouse take care of you when you're (REALLY) sick to remind you how wonderful marriage really is, and what unconditional love really looks like. Kyle only got a couple hours sleep that night, not because he was sick, but because he was sitting beside me, trying to comfort me the best he could in my agony (this was by far the worst kind of sick I have ever been). He took the day off work to be able to go to the pharmacy and make sure that I was staying hydrated and didn't get dizzy. He even skipped his softball game that night, which is a BIG sacrifice, as he loves his softball team very much.

October 8th was supposed to be a day all about him, and it ended up being a day all about me. I am always amazed by how gentle and gracious Kyle is, and he is the least selfish person I have ever met. After our 2 years of being together, I still stop during the day in awe that such a wonderful man would have chosen to marry me (of all people!)

Happy Birthday, Baby. I love you so much, and I will try really, really hard not to ever get sick on your birthday again. =)

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Happy birthdya Kyle!

Jamison said...

Oh no...I never had a chance to blog about my Westminster Shower--did you think I didn't care about it? Cause I totally loved it. I was just too pregnant to get to the computer at that point. Hmmmmm...